Looking to learn more about superfoods? You’ve come to the right place! Superfoods are healthy and nutritious foods. While most of them can be obtained from plant-based sources, certain dairy and fishes are also considered to be superfoods. Acai, kale, salmon, blueberries are all superfoods, which are widely popular around the world. Certain suppliers like TL Turner are known for selling superfoods in bulk or wholesale around the world.
Superfoods contain many nutrients, including powerful antioxidants, which are known to have anti-cancer abilities. They contain healthy fats as well, which can help you avoid heart disease. The fiber content in them can prevent various digestive and diabetes issues whereas the phytochemical content in them come with a host of health benefits as well.
World’s Most Popular Superfoods
Let’s take a look at the various superfoods that are widely consumed around the world due to their nutritious properties:
- Blueberries contain high amounts of phytochemicals, vitamins, and soluble fiber. Although one might argue that the same phytochemical and nutritional content present in blueberries is also present in berries like cranberries and strawberries, they often come first in the list of healthy superfoods solely due to the number of studies revolving around this vibrant fruit.
- Kale is a superfood that completely deserves the hype around it. However, other dark, leafy green veggies like cabbages, broccoli, spinach, mustards, collards, and Swiss chard are also equally nutritious and healthy. These veggies contain high amounts of Vitamin K, C, and A along with calcium, fiber, and other important minerals as well.
- Squash and sweet potatoes are also widely considered to be superfoods since they contain high amounts of Vitamin A, fiber, and many other nutrients. Additionally, they are naturally sweet, which eliminates the need to add salt, cream, or butter while consuming them.
- Whole grains and beans can be included on this list as well. As a matter of fact, beans happen to be a great protein source. They contain high amounts of cholesterol-lowering insoluble fiber as well, which tend to make to feel full for a longer period of time. They also contain many trace minerals and vitamins that are crucial for various processes in the body. T L Turner has a large range of Superfood powders and oil to choose from and cook with.
- Seeds and nuts contain large quantities of healthy fats and minerals. Although they are widely considered to be superfoods, they are also extremely rich in calories. For instance, a single serving of nuts contains over one hundred calories. Go for shelled seeds and nuts since they require time to be cracked open, thus preventing you from consuming them excessively.
- Mackerel, sardines, salmon, and other such fish contain high levels of Omega-3 acids. These are known for the ability to decrease your chances of suffering from strokes and heart disease. The pros of consuming fish outweigh the cons of consuming fish, which may have mercury content in them. For those who are really particular about mercury-related food issues, you should avoid consuming fish like tilefish, king mackerel, swordfish, and sharks. T L Turner has a selection of seafood for you.
If you’re interested in purchasing superfoods in bulk or wholesale, go for suppliers like TL Turner, who are known for their reliable and high-quality superfood products.